The health and safety of our partners, players, performers, fans, and staff continues to be our top priority. State Farm Arena is committed to taking the following safety measures and more during all Atlanta Hawks basketball games, concerts, and events in our venue.
The “Safety Six” protocols were established to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 for the return of fans to the award-winning State Farm Arena. Each protocol of our Hawks Safety Standard was developed in collaboration with the respective health and wellness experts at our partner organizations at Emory Healthcare and Sharecare.
1. Limited Capacity & Physical Distancing
- State Farm Arena has partnered with Ticketmaster to determine appropriate bowl spacing that allows for 6 ’ social distancing between guests particular to each event.
- State Farm Arena has also partnered with architecture firm HOK to develop the safest possible queuing strategies and social distancing methodologies for all arena spaces, including premium, back of house areas, restrooms, food & beverage locations, and concourses.
- Physical distancing reminder signage will be placed in addition to floor decals to keep 6-foot distance in queuing lines.
- Please stay at least 6 feet away from other people and do not gather in groups.
2. Mandatory Face Coverings
- Fans in screening areas and inside State Farm Arena will be required to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth other than when eating or drinking in their seats.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth.
- Children under 2 years of age will not require a face covering.
- Neck gaiters, bandanas, and masks with valves or vents are not permitted.
3. Contactless Entry, Screening & Transactions
- Mobile tickets will be used for entry into State Farm Arena. You can view your tickets through Hawks & State Farm Arena Account Manager or your Ticketmaster Account.
- State Farm Arena will be a cashless environment. Card payment will be required at all ticket, food & beverage, and retail locations. We suggest contactless payments such as tap to pay, contactless Chase cards.
- X-ray scanners have been staged at all entrances to reduce touchpoints for bag checks. Bags must meet the 14” x 14” x 6” size requirement.
- Parking can be reserved in advance with ParkMobile.
- For guests coming to a Hawks game, click here to Learn More about pre-game screening.
4. Touchless Hand Sanitizer Stations & Restroom Fixtures
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations with alcohol-based sanitizer will be available throughout the arena.
- Touchless fixtures have been installed in all State Farm Arena restrooms to eliminate touchpoints in restrooms
- Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
5. Robust Cleaning and Disinfecting Procedures
- In partnership with Pritchard Sports & Entertainment, State Farm Arena’s housekeeping team has developed robust infectious disease prevention practices including but not limited to:
- Adding additional team members during events to increase wipe down frequency in restrooms and high-touch areas.
- Cleaning/sanitizing efforts implemented with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved cleaning and disinfecting products.
- Drones will be employed to quickly sanitize the bowl areas after and between events.
- State Farm Arena is pursuing the WELL Health-Safety certification. This rating provides an efficient and effective opportunity to guide, validate, recognize and scale the efforts of owners and operators on critical health and safety issues.
6. Safe Food and Beverage Distribution Practices
- Food & Beverage distribution points will all be equipped with protective acrylic shields.
- Concession food items will be packaged to minimize exposure
- Eating/drinking is restricted to assigned seats only.
- Simplified menus will be offered in select locations in the general concourse. Packaged beverages will be used. Cocktails will have lids and no garnish.
Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED®:
- State Farm Arena is the first sports and entertainment venue in the country to successfully become Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED®.
- This verification process and platform was developed by digital health company Sharecare, in partnership with CAA ICON and Oak View Group (OVG).
- Sharecare’s solution requires that live sports and entertainment venues verify their health protocols on an ongoing basis across more than 140 expert-validated standards and over 600 checkpoints, including health and hygiene protocols, air and water management, physical distancing, the attendee experience, and health safety communication with patrons and employees.
Last modified: May 17, 2021